Our Accessible bleachers Solutions offer either an ADA Series for wheelchair seating or ADA Accessible ramps.
ADA Series Bleachers feature wheelchair seating areas with companion seating to meet ADA accessibility requirements. Available with chainlink or vertical picket guardrail system.
According to the 2010 ADA Standards for Accessible Design, assembly areas shall comply with the provisions of the 2010 standards sections 221 and 802.
. In addition, assembly areas shall ensure that:
- (1) In stadiums, arenas, and grandstands, wheelchair spaces and companion seats are dispersed to all levels that include seating served by an accessible route;
- (2) Assembly areas that are required to horizontally disperse wheelchair spaces and companion seats by section 221.2.31 of the 2010 Standards and have seating encircling, in whole or in part, a field of play or performance area shall disperse wheelchair spaces and companion seats around that field of play or performance area;
- (3) Wheelchair spaces and companion seats are not located on (or obstructed by) temporary platforms or other movable structures, except that when an entire seating section is placed on temporary platforms or other movable structures in an area where fixed seating is not provided, in order to increase seating for an event, wheelchair spaces and companion seats may be placed in that section. When wheelchair spaces and companion seats are not required to accommodate persons eligible for those spaces and seats, individual, removable seats may be placed in those spaces and seats;
- (4) Stadium-style movie theaters shall locate wheelchair spaces and companion seats on a riser or cross-aisle in the stadium section that satisfies at least one of the following criteria:
- It is located within the rear 60% of the seats provided in an auditorium; or
- It is located within the area of an auditorium in which the vertical viewing angles (as measured to the top of the screen) are from the 40th to the 100th percentile of vertical viewing angles for all seats as ranked from the seats in the first row (1st percentile) to seats in the back row (100th percentile).